We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our small, highly focused team based at Westerton’s office in East Tullos, Aberdeen.
The role of Sales Engineer is a pivotal one, being the front end ‘face’ of the organization. This role must be fulfilled by a self-starter who has the attributes to actively support existing clients and, more importantly, proactively develop an increased client base.
A knowledge of downhole well intervention techniques with a focus on electric wireline deployed tools would be advantageous (though not essential). Strong consideration would also be given to someone who can support a proven track record in developing and closing on new client accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with current / potential customers and other relevant parties
- Establish new accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule
- Managing existing and new accounts from contact, through selection, quote, job application, invoicing and collections
- Preparation of sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends
- Presenting product technical and engineering information and delivering technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Assisting research and development of new products, helping clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Determining improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services
- Gaining customer acceptance by explaining cost reductions and operations improvements
- Submitting orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes
- Complying with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies etc
- Contributing to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues to be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The successful Sales Engineer will also hold the following qualities:
- Proven track record / experience in Sales Engineer role or similar
- Effective communication skills – ability to articulate with clarity to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Competent in selling to customer needs
- Can work proactively and ‘hands on’ to a high standard in a demanding environment
- Computer literate (word, powerpoint, excel etc.)
- Able to live and work in the UK, holder of full UK Driving License
- Effective teamworking and communication skills – ability to articulate with clarity to a technical and non-technical audience, verbally and written
- DESIRABLE – Knowledge of downhole / oil and gas tools, in particular e-line tools
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Sales Engineer” in the email Subject.